Hello from West Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by teeville5, Mar 26, 2011.

1. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Well, we finally did it. We stopped talking about having chickens and now have 20 of the cutest chickies. We went to TSC one day and saw that they had the week old chicks on special because they had received new 1 day olds and we dove right in. We've had them for 2 weeks now and I just love them. I never thought I would ever become attached to chickens, but they are definitely my girls (and 1 boy too!) I'm not 100% sure as to what breeds they are because they were all put together in one bin, but I think I have a good idea. Originally I thought I had 10 barred rocks, 5 Rhode Island, and 5 buff orpingtons, but I was a bit off. I'm taking their colors and their feathers as clues to what they really are so I now think I have 9 barred rocks, 3 Rhode Island, 3 New Hampshires, 1 black barely barred chick, 2 undetermined red chicks, and 2 undetermined yellow chicks. [​IMG]
    I've been having a great time watching them. It was also quite an experience when I started to give them some feed from my hand. They love to jump up and perch from it. They are currently in our basement because we are still way too cold here for them to be outside, but I would love to see how they act once I can give them some outdoor playtime. So far, I am a very happy chickie-momma and loving every minute with them.[​IMG]

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats and good luck with your new chicks. They do bring a lot of joy and future eggs. [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
  5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]