Hello from Wet Wet Michigan,lol

twinsmama

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No my daughters and I had chickens for quite a few years until they decided not to homeschool anymore. That was about 2 years ago. I miss my chicks, even hubby misses them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently none, awaiting the new chicken tractor

(3) What breeds do you have?
Looking for banties, love silkies and cochins. But I think Polish are my alltime faves.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was a member way back when before it was changed to the new forum.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh my, lets see, quilting, spinning, knitting, gardening, cooking and anything else that I want to try at least once,lol. But these are my top favorites right now.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well currently, we have our 16 year old shephard cross- Pepper, Our newest puppy that is a lab/coonhound mix- Marla (no not marley,lol). 4 parakeets- Blue, Squirt, Thing1 and Thing2 (they are almost identical).
I am a stay at home mom of a 23 year old daughter, twin 11 year old daughters, 1- 4 year old grandson and another one due in Sept.
Wife of 20 years to my wonderful hubby who is slowly coming in line with the animal thing. He is actually looking for land to move our little farm (ok so the farm is still in my head,lol)
We do as much homesteading on our little acre as we can. Unfortunatly the township we live in has grown way too much and way too fast. So right now I do what I can with the veggie gardens, my berry bushes and my herb gardens.
right now there isn't much prepping of anything though because of all the rain. We have flood plains in the back and side yards, well I guess I could plant rice,lol
Can't wait to jump in and get to know some of you
Blessings
Mama

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Back
Top Bottom