Hello from Wiltshire, UK.

Clausentum

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 17, 2009
Hi everybody,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Ken Windess; I have recently retired as the Manager of Longleat House the Stately Home of the 7th Marquess of Bath in Wiltshire, South West England. Although I have retired I keep myself busy one or two days a week doing conservation work to the furniture in Longleat House as well as producing wood turned items for the House Shop. I have four children, sixteen Grandchildren and nine Great Grandchildren. I have now acquired six chickens, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Silver Sussex, 1 Bluebird and 2 Plymouth Rocks.
As you can see I have quite a bit of experience raising children but none whatsoever raising chickens so I will undoubtedly need your help with that.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
So glad you joined us. And regarding the topic of raising children, there's almost as many posts about raising kids as there are about raising chickens.
You will be a valuable contributor to those posts, I'm sure.

frow.gif

Hi there &
welcome-byc.gif

I'm from the UK (near Oxford) as well. I feel as if I know you as I have seen so much of you over the years on TV. With your experience I'm sure your chickens must have a very smart coop & run.
lol.png

I'm sure you will enjoy being part of BYC; it's a great place for advice on Poultry etc.

I look forward to your posts.

Hattie

Last edited:
A warm welcome to you from the state of Indiana!
frow.gif
You'll find chickens oh so much easier to raise than children...lol!! They can make a mess, but they rarely talk back, and they know "lights out" means bedtime.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom