Hello from Wisconsin!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gigi Ahrens, May 18, 2018.

1. Gigi Ahrens

Gigi Ahrens In the Brooder

May 18, 2018
    I have enjoyed this sites valuable information for years and figured I might as well join and be a part of it. I am the proud momma to 4 house chickens. They are all spoiled absolutely rotten and I want to share them with the world.

Tyson Tibirius Tazer-Face, my sweet Serama Roo IMG_20180506_143852580.jpg

Smoodge, my sweet little scissor beak Blue Silkie hen 2018-05-06_183352.png

Lucy, the adorable Rhode Island Red hen, and Pearl, the brazen and feisty Silver Laced Sebright hen. IMG_20180506_143913052.jpg

I live near Oshkosh, Wisconsin and love having my little flock indoors with me. They are all very well behaved and enjoy outings to the park in their screen tent (for safety). They share their home with 4 pigeons, a macaw, 4 cats and a german shepherd. Everyone gets along beautifully and interact with each other daily. I don't know what I'd ever do without my babies, they are my pride and joy!

Here they are hanging out int he forage box in the window. They love to watch the kids play next door. Sunbathing in the window is a favorite past time for them.

IMG_20180517_141834263.jpg

Tyson also loves his weird looking chicken girlfriend, Miss Willy Mae. We won't tell him she's a pigeon, he wouldn't believe us anyway.

IMG_20180106_125112119.jpg

Tyson insists on sleeping in the bed with us and finds that my husbands face is the best chicken roost around. This is every night, lol. He wears a diaper suit to bed at night so we don't have any mishaps.

IMG_20180311_093552391.jpg

Tyson loves going for rides in the truck, he eats up the attention he gets from people that see him. Smoodge is learning to like trips in the truck but she is not happy about wearing a diaper suit so her trips are not as frequent. The other 2 ladies have only been in the truck a few times to go to the park but as soon as they are able to wear a diaper suit they will start going places too.

Thank you for letting me join and for taking the time to see my little flock of misfits!

IMG_20180318_163507500_HDR.jpg

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I love your introduction and meeting your house birds. My friend has had house chickens
    for over 50 years, mainly bantams. Currently she has a matronly Serama hen and Silkie hen - that go outside with the dog as their protector.

Tyson is a perfect model for his diaper suit, it looks very stylish. Welcome to BYC.

Gigi Ahrens likes this.
  3. Gigi Ahrens

Gigi Ahrens In the Brooder

May 18, 2018
    Thanks! I'm hoping to find others in my region to talk shop with!

KikisGirls, 007Sean and Pork Pie Ken like this.
  4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Thanks for sharing pics and your story.

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

KikisGirls, Gigi Ahrens and 007Sean like this.
  5. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. Great intro and pics:love
    Thanks for joining us! :)

KikisGirls and Gigi Ahrens like this.
  6. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read more

Welcome to BYC!
    :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

007Sean and Gigi Ahrens like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: