Hello!!! How ya'll doing?!?

Jun 24, 2021
My name is Amanda. Im married to my amazing (often annoying) husband, Tim. We live in Panama City, Florida. We dont have any human children but we do have fowled friends and furbabies.

I have had chickens most of my life. I raised Japanese Silkies for most of that time and then we adopted some rhode island reds and a few others. I got my first chicken for Easter when I was maybe 5 or 6 and have loved them ever since.

We have 12 chicks right now- Ages and breed vary because we have them from different places and different times. Ive always wanted to live on a farm so I plan to expand.

I worked in the medical field for about 11 years and finally decided I needed a change. I now work in insurance which you would think would be stressful but I tell ya, it makes a huge difference working in a good environment with great people. My husband has MS and more recently has started having seizures. He has been promoted to the "house manager" (as we like to call it) as he has lost a few jobs because of his disabilities. We have two cats, Cooper and Luna and we share family dogs; Duke, Annabelle, and Cookie and a family cat, Simba. IF you dont like fur on your clothes, or slobbery kisses, then you don't have to come to our house cause our "pets" are family.
I found this community by googling some information regarding Cornish Cross Chickens. My grandfather actually owns them and none of us have the heart to kill them or watch them die so we needed some advice. I'm happy to be a new member of this community. :)

Welcome To Byc!.png

Back
Top Bottom