Hello I’m new

Hi there, I have had 5 leghorns for almost a year, In October my good friend drove 6 hours and gave me the rooster that her neighbors told her she couldn’t keep, She had loved that rooster so very much- his name was Rooster Rick, she kindly asked (because she knew I wanted babies) for a few of his hens- January 5th I went out to get some things and when I came back my rooster was dead and spread across the yard, I do not know what got him.
So I ran to tractor supply and bought the little giant incubator and put 15 eggs from that week in. 3 days later I added 5 more. I wish I had done the research because none but those 5 developed fully, I believe the first 3 days the temperature was way too low and on that third day I bought a back up thermometer- the built in one said 103° but was actually 94° yikes- I had to set it at 108° to get the actual 99.5
So the 5 developed wonderfully they are day 20 right now, this morning I heard chirping but nothing since so I’m in full blown panic mode!! Day 17 all had veins and movement and today I saw two eggs rock and I believe one chirping but now - nothing,
Humidity says 73% usually it was like 55-60% I was following a girl on YouTube who has same incubator and also needed the machine set to 108° because it was off

Anyways can someone tell me if the chirping in the morning then nothing else is okay- I’m so worried
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom