Hello I am a new member from Westchester NY.

catherineTudor

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not new to chickens, but have never kept there where I live now. Had been waiting and waiting as my city of Yonkers doesn't allow for them. I also have a "Budinsk" neighbor who calls the city on everyone for the slightest thing. That being said I am fed up waiting for that to change, and after over 20 years living here ....... ordered 4 pullets which should arrive this week.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I ordered 4
(3) What breeds do you have?
2 Black Australorp, 1 silver lace wyandote and a surprise one.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
everything, just love them
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
urban farming, photography, trave, baking, scuba, bee keeping
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a zoologist and holistic practitioner, have many pets, working on creating a permaculture food garden on my property.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I am not new to chickens, but have never kept there where I live now. Had been waiting and waiting as my city of Yonkers doesn't allow for them. I also have a "Budinsk" neighbor who calls the city on everyone for the slightest thing. That being said I am fed up waiting for that to change, and after over 20 years living here ....... ordered 4 pullets which should arrive this week.
I ordered 4
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a zoologist and holistic practitioner, have many pets, working on creating a permaculture food garden on my property.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I ordered 4

Welcome to BYC!!

Lets see how this goes.....funny thing is there are a few other neighbors around us that have chickens with no issue......I have the misfortune of being right next to her, and her property sits a bit on a slope higher than mine, so she is always poking her nose over the fence looking at whatever we are doing.

Lets see how this goes.....funny thing is there are a few other neighbors around us that have chickens with no issue......I have the misfortune of being right next to her, and her property sits a bit on a slope higher than mine, so she is always poking her nose over the fence looking at whatever we are doing.
Some people just don't have enough to do in life but spy on the neighbors, pretty sad. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom