Hello i am new here!

RedBreasted

Songster
8 Years
Sep 21, 2014
Hello guys i am new here! :D I am really exited to be here because i really want to learn about how to raise my rooster and my hen. Rooster are Rhode Island Red and hen are Black breasted red bantam. They were raise by chick to adult! So I'm going to have a lot more chickens this year since my hen will going to lay her eggs and sit on it. I might just grab 1 to eat. I name them both. My rooster is name Brownie, my Hen name Cutey. My sister name the hen. ;) Anyway i am happy to be here!

Welcome!!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your flock!

Roosters can handle 10 hens, so by the time he is feeling his oats, you really should get several more hens. Otherwise the rooster will badly injure and overbreed the one you have now. If you don't want fertile eggs to hatch or to sell, hens are perfectly happy without a rooster.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on drumstick diva's advice. Too many roosters can be very hard on your hens physically; over-breeding them, biting and plucking the feathers from their necks and backs, battering them, and potentially, seriously injuring them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom