hello i need some help ASAP

Can you carefully feel her crop to see if it is hard like a golf ball or rather soft and squishy?
its soft but i need to go hold one of my other chickens to make sure that the thing near her neck is normal there is a hard lump i guess i would say on her neck im not to sure if thats normal so i just wanna make sure

okay thank u also how could i get more calium in her food/diet. what is egg binding?
You could give her a Tums tablet which you can just put into her mouth, chickens can swallow big tablets without problems. Or you could pestle the calcium tablet and sprinkle it over some scrambled eggs.

People calcium tablets work for chickens as well.

Egg binding occurs when the egg does not come out of the chicken but stays inside creating a blockage. Lack of calcium can lead to this situation and administering some extra calcium for up to a week can help the hen to expel the stuck egg. Warm baths help as well as this will relax her abdomen muscles.

Last edited:
You could give her a Tums tablet which you can just put into her mouth, chickens can swallow big tablets without problems. Or you could pestle the calcium tablet and spinkle it over some scrambled eggs.

Egg binding occurs when the egg does not come out of the chicken but stays inside creating a blockage. Lack of calcium can lead to this situation and administering some extra calcium for up to a week can help the hen to expel the stuck egg. Warm baths help as well as this will relax her abdomen muscles.
okay thank u

okay thank u
Your are welcome.

And try to gently massage her crop several times a day while holding her upright, but be careful not to squeeze too hard so she will not regurgitate and asphyxiate.

If you have some Coca cola you can offer it, as this will help to keep her circulation going and might as well dissolve whatever might obstruct the passage if the cause lays in the digestive system.

You could give her a Tums tablet which you can just put into her mouth, chickens can swallow big tablets without problems. Or you could pestle the calcium tablet and sprinkle it over some scrambled eggs.

i was just watching my chicken and i dont know what she did because she didnt poop or nothing but its smelt like rotten eggs what could that mean?

hello she just pooped its was liquid but she pooped does this mean she still could be egg binding?

Back
Top Bottom