Hello, I'm a "newby"

Mamabear66

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 25, 2012
Dixon, MO...Amish country
I'm a "newby" to chicken raising and country living. I'm rather excited to grow knowledge and look forward to learning and what not. Btw, I recently brought home 30 chicks, a few Easter Eggers, a few Sex links and ONE Rhode Island Red. YES, very eager, I know. Any and all guidance will be appreciated. Thank You.

-Just call me, Mamabear

WelcometoBYC.gif

woot.gif

30 chicks!! You started out right!!!
welcome-byc.gif
LOL, Yes, my bf was quite overwhelmed when he realized how many I brought home. I blame my kids. No one told me how fast they grow! It has been amazing. I do remind my kids that even though we have egg laying chickens and that is their main pupose, we will ALSO be eating them...especially the overly rowdy ones. We plan to keep a few STRICTLY as pets and will gradually let our number go down a bit. It has been nothing but joy for us thus far, extremely entertaining. I'm glad/thankful that picking out chicks w/o any research(not recommended) that I ended up w docile, easy going breed and good layers. I can't wait to see what color of eggs I get w my "Americanas". Any and all suggestions are welcome. So far, chicks seem happy.

Back
Top Bottom