Hello I'm completely new to this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChewyDuckyWebby, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ChewyDuckyWebby

ChewyDuckyWebby New Egg

Jan 30, 2017
    Hello my name is Jenna Chavez and I have three beautiful ducks named Chewy Ducky and Webby, hence my user name. I decided to join so that I can have easy access to help when I need it. Also I had a few questions as to how to help one of my ducks because she got attcked by a big dog last night. She seems to be doing fine I just don't know if there are other precautions I should be taking to ensure her safety and a quick recovery

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jenna, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you here. BYC has a thriving population of duck lovers - you can contact them in the Ducks Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
    If you suspect your duck has an injury from the dog attack, you might post detailed symptoms here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
    In terms of her recovery, just make sure the other two are not picking at her or any wounds she might have. And then I guess shore up your yard to keep that dog from getting in again.
    If you'd like to chat with some local poultry folk, locate your state thread in this link and say howdy: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Jenna

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear about the dog attack :( Redsoxs has left you some great advice and links to check out which I'm sure you will find very helpful. I'm sure you will really enjoy our duck section and all the chat about them.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jenna [​IMG] Welcome!

I too am sorry to hear about the attack and hope very much that your girl is OK.

Redsoxs has given you some great links so I will just add that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about your duck being attacked and hope she's ok.

Redsoxs has given you some great links to check out so I'll just say hello and thanks for joining us!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If she has any puncture wounds you will want to keep an eye on them. If they become infected, she will probably need antibiotics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by