Hello, Im curious!

jklhgyfhg

Songster
Jul 14, 2021
Hi there!

I am a first time keeper of chickens and have been looking forward to it for quite some time. I must say, they are already so easy to loose track of time just hanging out with them… should I be saying that? Haha oh well, Im sure a few can relate ;)

I am currently having a blast watching them grow and develop, and playing the guessing game of "how many cockerels do I have?". My chicks are around the 6-7 week mark and I purchased them from a local backyard chicken enthusiast. I have 1 black australorp, 2 lavender merans, 2 easter eggers 1 bresse and 1 light brahma. The light brahma is my only known cockerel right now, but I suspect one of the merans may be as well. The australorp I suspected was going to be a cockerel early on, but it's gotten more stout and rounded, rounded feathers and the comb is coming in is pink with no red to it at all, especially when compared to the red on the light brahmas comb and waddles.

I came across BYC multiple times since getting my chickens. It seems like any time I have a question, someone here has the same one, which is brilliant! Such a great community here. I decided to join the community because I have been able to find answers to aspects of a question I have, but not specifically what Im looking for. Which is for an entirely different thread, but that’s why I am here.

My hobbies include but are not limited to, plants, herbs, closed loop farming, permaculture, skill sharing, bartering, experimenting, exercising, functional movement, barefoot running/walking/everything, canicross, health and well being…. yada yada yada…. My partner and I live on a 160+ acre farm and we share the land with 14 beef cattle and now my 7 chickens.

I look forward to friendly, knowledgeable discussions, and thank you for letting me be a part of this community!

Back
Top Bottom