Hello! I'm Faye!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kaboodlemum, Dec 30, 2015.

1. kaboodlemum

kaboodlemum New Egg

Dec 30, 2015
    Hello All! My name is Faye (aka KaboodleMum) and I'm a novice chicken owner from wales in the UK. I'll be honest, my partner looks after the chickens, not me, but, I'm pretty good at using a computer and looking for research so he does the mucky stuff and I help him by reading about chickens and sharing the information with him.
    We have 3 Hens, they're called Charlie, Meg and Ruby and initially they lived out our back garden. We loved having them here, but one or two of them started getting very noisy, especially during the early hours, often screeching for about an hour just as the sun was coming up. After a while, the early mornings were really getting to us as a family so we moved the hens over to an allotment that my partners parents own.

I was sad to see them go but it meant that we, and our neighbours, we able to stay in bad later than 4am!

My partner visits the girls each morning and afternoon on his way to and from work and it's worked out well, the hens are doing great.

We're just about to expand the coop and add in some more perches and stuff!

Anyway, aside from having three chickens, we also have 3 cats and a dog! We have a child too!

Right, I'm off anyways :) I'm going to go exploring around the world of BYC!

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Welcome!
    Are you sure they aren't roosters? Hens usually don't make any noise at 4am.

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Post some pictures, we can solve the early morning screeching mystery for you.

4. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! We'll answer any questions you may have.
    [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to byc - hope your area has escaped the flooding we have seen elsewhere in our little island.

Ct

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Faye. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like your hens may be "stealth" roosters. If you post photos we will id them for you.

9. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by