hello I'm geoff from western Mass

Rooster8402

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
wee.gif

I'm new to raising chickens infact my coop isn't even built yet.I have few sources of recycled lumber (we try to go as green as possible) so the coop will not be an issue soon enough.
This is a project that my son and I are undergoing and I have done alot of research on raising chickens. I feel that it will be a bonding and educational expirience. he gets to learn how to use wood to create structure's which is a good thing and also seeing as how we are both new at raising chickens learn we both learn valuable leassons.
our future stock will be 10 RI reds and 10 black stars hens we are also going to get 1 mille fleur rooster and 2 mille fleur hens for potential breeding (mainly because of thier striking appearence.
I can't forget about the goose we will be getting also he or she will be of alot of use in the garden we will be putting the goose pen so it joins the garden so he/she can have free range of the garden to forage and fertilize it. the bonus is he/she will free up alot of time for my wife and I and we will still have fresh healthy organic produce all season I'm so exited about the idea. wish me luck and its nice to meet all of you :wee

Welcome to the forum. I have 15 week old girls. Before that I was new to chickens myself. Because of people on this here forum I have not had a single problem with my chickens. Ok, I had one dog problem and even that turned out ok. There is a wealth of knowledge here and everybody here wants to see you do well with your chickens.

(just never ever never ever never ever bring up politics) big no no.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing pics of your new coop.

Back
Top Bottom