Hello! I'm new here and have a sick hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by della78, Nov 16, 2015.

1. della78

della78 New Egg

Nov 16, 2015
    I recently lost a hen but did not know why. She had diarrhea, lethargy, stopped eating/drinking and would stay in the coop with her feathers all puffed up. :( I started my whole flock on Corid after she passed hoping that was the culprit. Well, they have finished 5 days of Corid and today I noticed another hen acting lethargic. I picked her up and she was VERY skinny. She was just starting to grow her feathers in from a molt. Do you think this is what has caused her to lose so much weight and be so lethargic. I feed a 16% protein layer crumble, she free ranges, has access to oyster shell, ACV in their water and occasionally garlic to boost their immune system. I give then oatmeal occasionally on cold mornings with molasses added and sunflower seeds once or twice a week alternated with cracked corn as a treat. Sooooo..... what am I doing wrong?? Please help! I don't think she will make it another day. She nibble at food but then quits eating. She will drink some tho.

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

3. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

What happened with your hen?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by