Hello, I'm new to raising chickens.

Thanks Fierlin, my chicken in question is a Roo I concluded, his pic is my avitar. I have been trying to get a good shot of him. He is very large and a very handsome bird and looks after the other chickens, 10 in all. I have 6 reds, 3 are hens for sure, two more look like small Roos, but could be hens. Their crops are small and not too red. Then I have 4 marans, I am still playing the waiting game to see if the sick ones live. It seems after 2 weeks that they are stronger, but still a little week, and one is doing neck stretches looking like hes gasping for air, then he acts normal, she eats and drinks.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, it's good to see other people who love talking chickens. I drive my friends nuts lol.

Welcome form California!! I also house my birds in a converted dog kennel. Mine is 12x8x6. I don't have it partitioned, Over the top of the first 6 feet I have chicken wire, over the last six feet I have plywood with a tarp over that. Once I get a chance i will slant the plywood by puting a 2x8 under one side. I will also put plywood on the back walls, even with the roof to block wind. It has lots of venalation, shade, and sun. I only have a three slot laying box, but I also only have six hens. So again welcome!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom