Hello, I'm New! :)

ladyhenrietta

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
Hi All,

My name is Marissa and I'm excited to be a part of this community :)

1. Are you new to chickens/when did you first get chickens? I'm fairly new to the wonderful world of chickens. My younger brother has 5 pet chickens in our backyard that he's had since 2018. To be honest, I was indifferent to chickens at best. I thought they were annoying and loud and I was afraid they would peck me so I stayed away. However, they've really grown on me and I'm in LOVE. They're such sweet and funny creatures. I'm also in awe of how resilient and hardy they are and have helped my brother nurse a few of his chickens back to health. All but one of the 5 chickens have stopped laying but we just got a flock of 9 new chicks and I'm so excited!

2. How many chickens do you have right now? We have 5 adults hens and 9 two-week old chicks (born on July 31st)

3. What breeds do you have? Adults: 3 Plymouth Barred Rocks and 2 Naked Necks; Chicks: 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Cream Legbars, 2 Russian Orloffs, 1 Black Copper Maran, 1 Blue Copper Maran, and 1 Olive Egger

4. What are you favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Seeing their distinct personalities develop and their interactions with each other.

5. What are some of your other hobbies? I love going to the movie theater, reading, cooking and trying new restaurants, and spending time with friends and family

6. Anything else you'd like to share? I live in Los Angeles in a house with all 7 of my family members (8 people + 14 chickens + 3 cats + 1 dog + 1 bird = A ZOO!!!). I work full-time and am also a graduate student so I am a very busy person always on the go.

Again, excited to be part of this community and looking forward to talking chickens and getting to know you all!

Back
Top Bottom