Hello, I'm OBTC. :)

OwnedByTheChiks

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 11, 2013
Nebraska
And my first incubated chick hatched today. And three others. I guess you could say I "hand hatched" one because he was weak and getting dry. He was screaming but didn't have any strength left. And then an egg pipped on the wrong side, I have been expanding the hole and wetting it throughout the day waiting for him to pop out. :) It's a lot of anxious work, and the worst part is that I probably did it too soon... the membranes were bleeding...
he.gif
they are alive though and the one who was too weak is running around with his siblings now, getting dried off.

I love chicks. :) I actually raise rabbits, that's my whole main thing. I raise and breed French Lop rabbits but also have been enjoying the hatching experiment. Out of a dozen eggs I am positive that at least 5 are alive, not horrible for my first time, but I still feel kind of bad. Right now I am listening to the joys of peepin' "chiks". :D

D.gif

Thanks guys! I'vebeen busy for the past 3 days! Unfortunately we lost one chick, but the 5 others are doing wonderfully! So, 6 in total hatched. :)

Back
Top Bottom