1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello, I'm OBTC. :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OwnedByTheChiks, Sep 11, 2013.

1. OwnedByTheChiks

OwnedByTheChiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2013
    Nebraska
    And my first incubated chick hatched today. And three others. I guess you could say I "hand hatched" one because he was weak and getting dry. He was screaming but didn't have any strength left. And then an egg pipped on the wrong side, I have been expanding the hole and wetting it throughout the day waiting for him to pop out. :) It's a lot of anxious work, and the worst part is that I probably did it too soon... the membranes were bleeding... [​IMG] they are alive though and the one who was too weak is running around with his siblings now, getting dried off.

I love chicks. :) I actually raise rabbits, that's my whole main thing. I raise and breed French Lop rabbits but also have been enjoying the hatching experiment. Out of a dozen eggs I am positive that at least 5 are alive, not horrible for my first time, but I still feel kind of bad. Right now I am listening to the joys of peepin' "chiks". :D

[​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome!!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Congrats on the hatch!

5. ederob

ederob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

7. OwnedByTheChiks

OwnedByTheChiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2013
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys! I'vebeen busy for the past 3 days! Unfortunately we lost one chick, but the 5 others are doing wonderfully! So, 6 in total hatched. :)

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Aren't chickens great?! [​IMG] and [​IMG] so glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by