Hello. I'm Steve and you are?

SteveRiser

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes. I've had a couple chickens before years ago but didn't really have the time to care for them properly.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?None. Zero. 15 chick's coming the end of February.

(3) What breeds do you have? I decided on Jersey Giants the black ones. Mostly because of their size temperment and egg production.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Food as well as all of the benefits of having them in the yard and garden.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Not many. I drive a truck and until now have only had time for intrests. Such as homesteading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My wife and I along with our nephew live in a small town in Southern Illinois. We have a little bit of property and because we are lucky enough to own our own trucking company can choose to work less on the truck and more on fulfilling our dream of having a more self reliant life.

Back
Top Bottom