Hello ---intro.... ChiknMama

frow.gif
Hi and Welcome to BYC!

Love your coop set-up and your birds are gorgeous!!!

<---You can check out some of our coop and flock pages at my website/BYC personal pages.

Enjoy!!!

Dawn

One more... hard to see them through the fencing. Once the Bad Boys are gone, these guys can free range a bit, too. Then I can get better pics of them outside the yard.

This is...
Sugarpie, George, Creampuff, Oprah and Urkel. Sug and Creamy have a bit of Molt look to them - partly due to actual Molt, and partly due to the Bad Boys.

P0002627.jpg

Peace -
Meriah

Hey and welcome to the chicken channel with all of us nuts on here. You'll soon find out if you already haven't, that these are the finest bunch of folks that you coild ever hope to know. And all are chicken fanatics.
Love your coop, it is real cool. And your birds are purdy. But forgive me, I jus gotta ask ya' this; What in the world are you doing with so many roos running around there? lol
old.gif

Glad you all like the coop. It now has a sign (I painted myself) up on the cupola that has a red rooster, and it says "Red Rooster Inn". LOL I got to laugh at myself - jokes on me.

We bought the building, second hand, (about half the price of new, and it was in great shape) and it is very nice inside. It has wood floor, and we built in 5 nest boxes and a couple of perches. I want to get a "table" under the window, because right now I have my transport cage sitting there, and they like to perch on it when it is cold out so they can look out the window. I'd rather have them on a wooden table top, than pooping into the cage and hurting their feet on it. (I'm still trying to talk hubby into a screen door inside the wooden one, LOL, but if they can free range, it won't be so gawd awful hot inside in summer for them). The window has a screen - I need to change it out to 1/4 inch hardware cloth, though, to keep summer critters out if I leave it open at night this summer.

We built the run and the porch, and the cupola. Hubby is going to paint the porch roof darker, and I added a corrugated metal roof over half of the run for shade and rain block. It gets hot here, so I may plant some vines or something near the run, also, to keep the heat down a bit.

I spent a TON more than a chicken house is worth, probably, LOL but it was the one thing I told hubby I absolutely HAD to have when we moved, so he pampered me (and the chickies). He's so sweet <g>.

Peace -
Meriah

world are you doing with so many roos running around there? lol

LOL well, in the first post I told the entire story (first post was really long, LOL sorry about that).

Short version is - a nice lady who sold them to me told me they were all NH Red Pullets ... they turned out to be NH Red Roosters. (I didn't realize this until they got bigger and began crowing and didn't give me any eggs, tee hee.)

I am not sure if She knew they were roos or not, LOL but she certainly saw me coming, LOL.

Peace -
Meriah​

Quote:
I used to raise zebra finches - I had 6 foot flight cages in my dining room (no dining room table, though, LOL - we never ate in there) so I figure that Chickens are just REALLY big finches, LOL - well, same principle, anyway.

Peace -
Meriah

Back
Top Bottom