Hello its me...

heatherlynn4

Hatching
Oct 29, 2015
I love Adele! I Anyways I am new to using the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Heather. I am a licensed practical nurse and love my little flock of chickens. We actually started with a peacock! Those have since gone to make room but the chickens remain. I love their funny quirks and the fresh eggs!!!! I also butcher any extra roosters with the help of my spouse and we enjoy eating what we raise. My main requirement is that the chickens are docile. I have tried lots of breeds and decided to focus on standard Cochins and Bielefelders. Love both these breeds so much. I also have a mixed laying flock of a couple mixed hens and cream legbars, Swedish flower hens and soon some BCM, so all the colors. We live in Alberta Canada on about 4 acres. So far everything I've read on here has been excellent and extremely helpful. Thank you for the add!

Hi Heather and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I hope you enjoy being a member of BYC as much as the rest of us.

All the best
CT

Hi Heather, nice to meet you. I think you would like the "Canadians, check-in-here," thread . My Alberta friend Tara, has a very interesting thread she calls ""Jest Another Day in
Pear- A - Dice. She has various chicken breeds, ducks, geese, swans, wool sheep , Australian cattle dogs and I think a Llama- you might like to drop in and see what's up in your area. I understand the weather can be quite severe in winter.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Heather,

Sounds like you're busy and having fun. Glad you are enjoying the flock!

Back
Top Bottom