Hello, Jerry here. Missed this section after my 1 year anniversary

JerryR708

Crowing
Jan 7, 2017
Apple Valley, California
My Coop
My Coop
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I purchased my first 4 RIR chicks on the 21st of May 2016 and on the 24th of May 2016, I purchased 3 more chicks: 1 Araucana, another RIR, and 1 Black Sex Link

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I currently have 8 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have? Rhode Island Red, Araucana, Black Sex Link

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I discovered BYC on the internet while searching for chicken forums.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I also like gardening, cooking and home improvements.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm married to my lovely wife Danielle who also shares interest in my hobbies.

Last edited:
Hi Jerry and thanks for taking the time to drop by and introduce yourself. You're lucky that your spouse shares your hobby - most of us just get that zombie kinda luck when chickens are mentioned :D
I find that if I stick to the unisex types of hobbies, I seem to have the most luck and success.

Good morning, Jerry. Unisex didn't work for me.
My wife's not into overhauling classic muscle cars, riding motorcycles, carpentry, running Lionel trains around the house, deep sea fishing, or shooting at the range. On the other hand, I'm not much into knitting, Yoga or interior decorating. As I have gotten older, I embrace the things we do enjoy together and spend less time on the things that keep us apart.

Back
Top Bottom