Hello My name is Heather

Fluffy Tailz Egg Hut

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2023
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I wouldn't say that I am new to chickens I grew up living on a farm where we at times had several hundred feathered "friends" but I never handled or cared for any of the new baby chicks or hatchlings.
Last month on a whim I decided I needed a new hobby to keep me a little more motivated and active so after a few months of reading and researching on raising chickens from chicks to full grown I begin picking up things that would be useful in raising and caring for baby chicks and just last week I finished gathering all that seemed needed.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
23 chicks,2 ducklings,1 Rooster, & 10 egg laying
Hens

(3) What breeds do you have? Currently I have a total of:
6 Golden Comet Egg Layers
4 Cinnamon Queen Egg Layers
1 Rhode Island Red Rooster

Recently added from local Farm store:
3 Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks
1 Sapphire Splash Chick
1 Sapphire Gem Chick
All of which will be 2 weeks old as of Monday. I also have
1 Peking Duckling
1 Rouen Duckling which both will be 3 weeks old Monday.

Recently added through mail order:
6 Black Rose Comb Bantam Chicks
6 Buff Brahma Bantam Feathered Feet Chicks
6 Columbian Wyandotte Bantam Chicks
All 18 of the Bantams were recently hatched on 07/19/23

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Fairly low maintenance, easy to care for, rewarding experience interacting and watching how emotional intelligent they are, a bonus is the egg production & how they have a huge personality more than anyone could imagine

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Coin collecting, Attending 4 H Shows and Events, Cooking and Baking, Spending time with my 4vchildren ages 20 to 15

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom