Hello, My name is Stefanie and I am new to raising chickens...

chixfrom Adonai

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
I love having my new chicks! Except I am feeling more stress than I did when I brought home my Oldest daughter who was 3 months premature! These babies are so fragile and I am new to country living. We have lost our cat to a rogue dog and that sent our other dog into a depression and she died 2 days later. Now I am bringing in new babies? Sure Hope I know what I am doing! Although I am a firm believer that God brought me to my country life and HE has a plan for us out here. So with that all said, I feel much better and can say that I CAN and WILL do this!

LOL How's that for a welcome speech?

I am a mother of three, I work from home so that I can homeschool them and have an equine assisted therapy business. We just moved to the country 3 months ago. It is ALOT different than boarding your horses and only enjoying them. One week after we moved to the country, we were hit with a blizzard that kept us homebound for 3 weeks. My husband was able to get out for work after 5 days. but I worried everyday till he got home. So now the warm winds of change have come and they are clearing our lands and filling our ponds. I have my new 10 chicks(4 days ago) and they seem to be settling in quite well. I will be adding 6 more new ones to the brooder on April 6th. Hope that all goes well.

Welcome to the site. Im sure you will do fine with your new chicks. There is lot of knowledgeable ppl here so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Back
Top Bottom