Hello! New from AZ!

Nemi

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 1, 2009
Outside Tucson, AZ
I'm Nemi, from Arizona.
smile.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We (my roommate and I) decided to get chickens this past spring. I'm not sure what possessed us, but the thought of fresh eggs and entertaining chicken antics spurred us on.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Four. They've just reached laying age, and started leaving an egg every other day or so. (I suspect it's only one hen laying at the moment.)

We've named our hens after the ladies on The View (minus Barbra.) Joy, Elizabeth, Sherri, and Whoopi. Why? Most people can figure that out themselves.
wink.png

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rocks. We wanted Rhode Islands, but they were sold out at the feed store. Maybe next year?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

A couple of ways.... my mom originally wanted chickens when she moved to Nevada, and had bought a book that's connected to this website.

Then I was recently Googleing nest boxes, and figured I should join.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I have a lot of hobbies. I like art, and I've done paining, and clay work... I also do stuff like chain maile sheets and jewelery.

I read, draw, and occasionally write - I have 3 jobs right now, not much time for hobbies.
sad.png
I am sewing like a madwoman for Halloween - which is one of my favorite holidays. Since I'm watching a kid, I'm making her costume this year. Wish me luck!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have a sort of zoo here at the house. The most recent addition are some new fish in the tank. GloFish - they fluoresce under black light, which is cool. We have 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, a rat, and a parrot, in addition.

We've put the girls up on Youtube, for the entertainment of family and friends.

Here's Elizabeth, who likes to run off with inedibles:

Back
Top Bottom