Hello, new member & 1st time chicken owner!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Hi, I am new to backyard chickens too! I have never had chickens before but are planning on getting some very soon! I hope you enjoy backyard chickens as much as I do! Keep us posted! I would love to see pics!
welcome-byc.gif
ya.gif

Thank you all for being so welcoming! I'm enjoying our chicken raising adventures, it's amazing how fast they grow! They are already flying out of the brooder when I take the cover off!!

CharlotteRenee, hope you get yours soon! What breeds are you getting? I noticed under your profile picture you are from MA, I am as well
smile.png

I would attach pictures but I'm not quite sure how to lol. The paperclip attachment says that I don't have permission to create attachments?!! I'll have to wait until my husband gets home, he's better at figuring this stuff out than I am lol.

Thank you all for being so welcoming! I'm enjoying our chicken raising adventures, it's amazing how fast they grow! They are already flying out of the brooder when I take the cover off!!

CharlotteRenee, hope you get yours soon! What breeds are you getting? I noticed under your profile picture you are from MA, I am as well :)

I would attach pictures but I'm not quite sure how to lol. The paperclip attachment says that I don't have permission to create attachments?!! I'll have to wait until my husband gets home, he's better at figuring this stuff out than I am lol.
Wow it's awesome that you are from MA too! Hopefully getting a few different kinds, me and my sister are each getting 3, I am getting 1 Easter egger, 1 blue orpington,and 1 silkie. She wants 1 Rhode island red, and 2 buff brahmas. I am so excited for when we do get some! It's so hard to find blue orpington pullets around here haha! By the way your chicks are so so CUTE!

Wow it's awesome that you are from MA too! Hopefully getting a few different kinds, me and my sister are each getting 3, I am getting 1 Easter egger, 1 blue orpington,and 1 silkie. She wants 1 Rhode island red, and 2 buff brahmas. I am so excited for when we do get some! It's so hard to find blue orpington pullets around here haha! By the way your chicks are so so CUTE!

Thanks. Love the combo of breeds you are getting! Silkie's are my absolute favorite breed, they are so cute! I wanted some of those but they were only being sold as straight run & I really wanted to have pullets only. Maybe one day down the road I can add to my flock! Hopefully you have some luck finding blue orpington pullets! Keep us posted when you get your chicks, I'd love to see pictures
big_smile.png

Yeah when I get them I will definitely be posting pictures! Thanks for the good luck! I really hope I can get some pullets! If it's ok to ask,Where did you get your chicks? I feel like I have looked like EVERYWHERE! But I am super excited to get some!

Thanks. Love the combo of breeds you are getting! Silkie's are my absolute favorite breed, they are so cute! I wanted some of those but they were only being sold as straight run & I really wanted to have pullets only. Maybe one day down the road I can add to my flock! Hopefully you have some luck finding blue orpington pullets! Keep us posted when you get your chicks, I'd love to see pictures :D
. It took me a while to choose which breeds I wanted but I definitely think it's worth the work!

Back
Top Bottom