Hello! New member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mwilliams54, Apr 22, 2016.

1. mwilliams54

mwilliams54 New Egg

Apr 17, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm in the middle of a relocation to Tennessee so no chickens currently. (My barn is empty, it's driving me crazy!!) In the past my favorite layers were Orpingtons and silver laced wyandottes. Once we secure a new property I hope to have chickens, sheep, and turkeys. My oldest son graduates high school this May, and my youngest is 16 years old. Both kids love farm life. My hubby is animal friendly-as long as he gets eggs and meat out of the deal.
    [​IMG] pictured is my youngest son with 2 bottle lambs last year.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Good luck with the move and re-starting your chickening!

You may wish to consider joining your (future) state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. If you put Tennessee in the search box it will pop up. If you post there to introduce yourself, you may find others will be living near you. You can ask about feed stores, what breeds do best, coops, predators etc. Do you know if you will be able to have chickens, etc. in your new home?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by