Hello, newbie from Asia!

naturetalksbackcyren

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2021
Hi everyone and thank you for accepting me into your community! I have raised chickens with my foster mom for a couple of years on her farmland but only just started keeping chicken this year after moving to an urban city.

I have just one chicken right now, a 4 month old Japanese Bantam Roo who is an indoor-outdoor chicken. He spends most of his time indoors (he's got a specific area that we spot clean and he wears a diaper when sitting on the couch or on a person), but is allowed out for an hour or two each day to dust-bathe, scratch, and do chicken things. He is a clingy and affectionate rooster, often calling out to us if nobody is in visual range, and he enjoys having meals with the family. He also gets along very well with our cat, Ginger, but they are never allowed to interact or left alone without supervision.

He is our first fowl that is a pet, our others are quails which we raise in an outdoor pen on the balcony.

I forgot to add that although I am new here, backyardchickens has always been like my go-to site for information (or just leisure reading) for many years now! It feels great to be a part of this community! Here's a picture of me and Roger outdoors, and one of him and our cat Ginger resting in our living room in the evening.

Attachments

• 223738677_10159600078248750_822638921461451265_n.jpg
    223738677_10159600078248750_822638921461451265_n.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 4
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    241.6 KB · Views: 4
Great to hear that you have been a BYC fan for years; it's so much more fun when you join and can interact.

LOVE the photo with Roger in your hand. He's a good-looking roo. I also have a mostly indoor, sometimes outdoor, gets along with the cat chicken. My girl is afraid of other chickens and prefers to hang out in the house.

Welcome to BYC! It's good to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom