Hello ! Newbie here. . .

Elsa ISA

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
Beaumont, California (SoCal)
Hi everyone !

My name is Elsa, I'm from Beaumont, California. Me and my daughter got a few baby chicks. We bought the basics and a book about chickens. Our baby chicks are from an organic chicken breeder. We checked to find out if we could raise chickens in our neighborhood; and yes we could except that we can't have roosters. We set up a BIG box in a spare room and researched about coops in the Internet. That is how I found out about this site. Is the best one I have seen so far. I have not decided if I am going to buy a ready made coop or if I would venture into building one myself. I do have some wood and a box of nails but I don't think I have enough materials. I have seen some videos on how to build coops with pallets; if I can get a few I might go for it.
The chicks seem happy and active. We are looking forward to watch them grow up.

Greetings from Kansas, Elsa ISA, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you with us! If it was me I'd build a coop rather than buy - seems like the purchased ones (at least the ones I've seen) aren't very well constructed - you want it to last and be predator proof. Also, invest in hardware cloth - not chicken wire. Lots of folks have made some great pallet coops! Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom