Hello! Please me re home my girls!

vegaschicken09

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
I have a flock of 7 chickens that are about 7 months old. I've raised them since they were about a week old. I got a notice on my door yesterday from the local animal control saying that I need to get rid of them. The notice says it's illegal to have chickens in Las Vegas but from what I've read online it's not true. I'm sure one of the neighbors must have complained since I did have one escape her coop & run out into the street. I caught her right away but I'm sure a neighbor called animal control. I must now re home them. I would love to keep them but I don't think I can fight this. If anyone near the Las Vegas area has any space for my girls I would really appreciate it! They are all laying & are very beautiful! They're great around dogs & kids. Please message me if you're interested!

Check city ordinances before making any drastic moves. Just because they have a title doesn't mean animal control is up to date on local laws.

It could be that you notice you got was a phoney. I had a dog grooming business many years ago, and the owner of another salon didn't like it. A policeman came to the house and said I had to give up the business. We thought the neighbors had complained. Not so. It turned out the salon owner sent her policeman friend over knowing it would intimidate me.

You never know what disgruntled people are going to pull - just to get their own way. Can you check with village hall to find out if your birds are legal? Also go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Locate and post on the Las Vegas thread - people there probably know the rules inside out.

I checked the ordinances online before I got them & it's says chickens are legal roosters are not. I'm guessing that the Las Vegas law varies my zone? Like zip code? But I can seem to find the right info online. I'm going to check out the other forum. Thanks for the help!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You might do a couple things. First stop by this section of BYC and do some reading and asking questions before you do anything drastic..https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Then I would call your local town hall. They should be able to tell you all you need to know about your laws.

You can stop by a local feed store and ask there as well. Someone might know something.

I sure hope you can keep your birds!!!!
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The other members have given you some good advice and links. Definitely contact your city hall and inquire about your situation. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope you get to keep your flock.

Back
Top Bottom