Hello there!! šŸ‘‹

Hello there!

I am new to chicken raising and am excited to start my journey. I just purchased 3 baby chicks and have 9 others coming in the mail at the end of the week. Iā€™ve got an assortment of breeds: Easter Eggers, Australorp, Buff Orpington (my Roo), Speckled Sussex, Welsummer, Olive Eggers, Production Red, and Barred Rock.

Iā€™ve got a 3.5 year old and a 7 month old baby so my goal was to get docile breeds in order to have a ā€œfamily friendly flockā€.

I live in Arkansas so I tried to get fairly heat tolerant breeds (so many opinions on this, I did lots of research) since our summers regularly reach into the mid-90s. Thankfully our run is shaded by two large oaks.

We bought a house a few years ago with an 8x10 ft coop already built and a 2,000 sq ft run (uncovered but fenced). So I had the perfect excuse to start my Fluffy Butt Hut!
Welcome. If you want to "net" in your run (as cover), PM me. I netted in 1950 square feet. All of this area is also wall covered with 1/2 inch hardware cloth including an 18-inch apron.

Back
Top Bottom