Hello there...

txmomof2girls

Chirping
Mar 27, 2015
Just wanted to say hello from Texas. We just became the proud new owners of 8 baby chicks and 3 ducklings.
I've never owned any animal other than a dog or hamster... so I figured I should find a place to ask questions and research these beautiful animals.

Let's see, we bought:
2 Buff Orpingtons (Pullets)
2 Gold Sex Links (Pullets)
2 Black Australorps -- didn't say if they were pullets or not
2 Welsummers - Pullets (I still don't know what a Pullet is...lol)

Then my daughters insisted on buying 3 baby ducks, so we have those as well.
We've got a nice little set up in my bathroom for the time being and I'm sure we'll have to keep making changes as they get bigger. I look forward to checking out your site and acquiring all of this new knowledge. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to BYC! Great breeds :D.

Pullets are young females, cockerels are young roosters. You have some great breeds if they came from bins at a feed store, they may not be the correct sex. Customers and kids tend to pick them and sometimes put them back in the wrong bin. Hopefully they are correct.

Would love to see photos of them. Good luck with your new flock.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Which part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Drumstick Diva's given you some good advice.
smile.png
Pullets are female chickens under a year of age, while cockerels are male chickens under a year old.

Back
Top Bottom