Hello to All!

Welcome to BYC! Tell us more about your marans. Post some pictures too, if you like.
Thank you for the welcome, Janiedoe! I currently have a mixed flock of birds~ 32 birds total with the lion's share being my BC Marans. The remainder of my birds are a mix of different breeds. I LOVE my Marans- they are definitely my favorite out of my "feather-kids!" I have two BC Maran roosters, "Elvis" & "Pretty Boy Floyd" and 14 girls with one lead girl we call, "Black Betty."
BlackBetty.jpg
Elvis.jpg

Hello to all my feather-loving friends here at BYC! I'm a new member here though I've followed BYC threads for years. Approx 25+ yrs ago, I fell in love with a specific breed of chickens while attending animal breeding/husbandry classes at OSU (Okla State U). I fell in love with French Black Copper Marans. At the time, they were rare in the USA. I'm happy to say, I FINALLY got my own flock of BCM's and LOVE my birds! I have several other breeds as well & truly enjoy my birds! I'm here to learn as much as I can about "All Things Chicken" and to enjoy the beauty of others flocks!
Ive had Marans, my fav breed is the Speckled Sussex.

Back
Top Bottom