Hello yall

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by frankdrake, Dec 30, 2014.

1. frankdrake

frankdrake New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    El Monte ca
    Well hello community of byc I am new to the community but not new to byc I've been on and off i started to look into byc backb in march 2013 when i bought my first four eggs to hatch silkies that ended horribly then i bought four more the next month april 2013 egg layers and everything was going well by day 19 of their incubation started to hear chirping and movement but alas they did not make it out of their shell but.Then i decided to just buy some teen birds got four one bantam one red rhode one barred rock and one egg layer 3 months with the boy and girls and everything was going well untill i unfourtanetly do to some horrid neighbors and bad timing in my life i was force to give them away gave two to a friend and the other two to a friend of a friend turns out the friend who igave my rock and rhode were killed by their dog and my bantam and egg layer the friend of a friend killed and ate them sick people and no respect of course after a much debated conversations i ended are friendship and hence forth stop all talks with them. But now at the end of 2014 and as a christmas gift ro myself i have renewed my quest as an official chicken owner and started this new year with two gray silkies had a rough start only one of the two girls made it and with out me noticing one vame with a brokenn or what looks to be deformed foot but all in all shes eating and healthy as baby should be i ll be posting picks sometime these days so byc family ill keep u posted

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

3. frankdrake

frankdrake New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    El Monte ca
    Thank happy to be part of the flock bantamfan4life

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Oh I'm so sorry about your losses!![​IMG]I know how hard it is to give up chickens you love! I'm also sorry about the unsecssful hatch![​IMG]

I hope your Silkie recovers! You may want to post about her here
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Best of luck and welcome to our flock!

5. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    [​IMG]

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays! Sorry about your first flock and the loss of your young Silkie, good luck with the other one.

8. frankdrake

frankdrake New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    El Monte ca
    You guys are the best thank you for ur welcome ill post some picks later on tonight

9. CrazyChookz

CrazyChookz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Chasing Chooks
    Welcome to BYC and have a Happy New Year! [​IMG] Sorry about your losses (good neighbours are hard to find these days) and I wish you luck in your future chicken keeping enterprises.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by