Hello :)

Natty23

Hatching
Dec 4, 2015
I'm new here, just moved to Oswego Illinois and unclear on the laws they have.. but have come across this page several times while looking! I'm sure this isn't the forum where I find that help but maybe can be pointed in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. As of last year, Oswego's ordinances allowed up to 12 hens, no roosters (http://www.co.kendall.il.us/wp-content/uploads/PBZ-3-10-14.pdf), however, I would suggest checking with your local city hall as ordinances can change. Someone there should be able to tell you what the city's current ordinances are regarding chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

You can also try locating folks near you under the "where am I where are you" forum. Maybe someone near you can fill you in on any changes.

Thank you everyone! I will definitely be calling the city hall soon to double check. I can't wait to learn more and hopefully get something amazing set up for my future backyard chickens. It makes me nervous to think about taking in new animals but plan on doing lots of research first.

If you put "Illinois state thread," in the search box it should pop up, and you can post questions there. Welcome to the BYC flock. Twelve sounds like a good number of hens.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! The above posters have left you some great advice so I will just say Hi.

Wishing you the by best of luck in the future.

Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here! Hope you can have a flock soon.

Back
Top Bottom