hello

amandaeidem

Hatching
Nov 4, 2015
Rochester MN
So happy I can join! I have a small flock of 8. Buffy is a buff orpington, Anna is a Rhode island red, Sally Ann and Batgirl are my black jersey giants, Millie is a white leghorn, then I have Clair black Cochin, Elsa white Cochin, and Edna is a silver laced Cochin.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! We're glad you're here!
Those are some nice looking girls. Holy smokes that looks cold. In Texas where I live it's 70 degrees today--can't even imagine snow
cool.png

Love the name Batgirl for a black JG :)

It is cold. We are in MN. My Leghorn is recoveringfrom frostbite to her comb. This is our first winter with chickens so we are all learning together. Today my black Cochin Clair blessed us with her first egg at 8 months of age. We are expecting -20 degrees in the next couple of days and praying the girls stay warm enough.

WOW that is cold! I can't even imagine......I can barely even function when it's below 40 degrees outside. Ha!
Have you considered a heat lamp for the girls?

My nephew named batgirl. My daughter and niece came up with Elsa and Anna. Haha
Haha I guess we know what film they like
gig.gif

Last edited:
Around here because its cold then everyone huddles under the heat lamp causing condensation. Then when they leave the group to eat or drink they freeze cause severe frostbite. No heat lamps.

Could you stack hay bales around the coop - as outside insulation and a good windbreak? I'm getting cold just from the photos., and we have some rough winters ourselves

Back
Top Bottom