1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Snickerdoodle, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle New Egg

Aug 7, 2016
    Louisiana
    Hi there! My name is Alex. I've lurked around here for roughly three years. I've raised chickens before with family, but now I'm living with my boyfriend near Alexandria, Louisiana, and we have a little flock-in-the-making of our own.

I have a handsome EE rooster and a solid white EE hen from local chicken folks, and 16 (hopefully) female EE chicks in the brooder from Murray McMurray. I'm excited to see what they'll end up looking like. That's my favorite part of Easter Eggers. There's no telling what you'll end up with!

[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Alex and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Three years is a long time lurking! Now that you are a member, I hope that you enjoy the site even more.

Best wishes
    Ct

3. Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle New Egg

Aug 7, 2016
    Louisiana
    Thank you! I tend to be pretty shy, but decided it's been long enough and I better go ahead and join so I can participate in conversations now that I've got my own peeps to tend to :p

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You're most welcome :)

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have decided to join us.

Hope you draw mostly pullets in the hatching, assuming that is the goal [​IMG]

Many of us are somewhat shy or even recluse in our "real" lives and IMO BYC offers us a wonderful, friendly location to be involved and share a common interest.

Congrats on getting your own flock, good luck with all.

6. cukuriku

cukuriku Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Welcome [​IMG]! Enjoy the great BYC community and have much success with your flock!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Alex, and :welcome. Great to have you in our community! :)

8. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG]

Congrats on your new chicks!

Good luck and thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

9. Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle New Egg

Aug 7, 2016
    Louisiana
    @sunflour: Thank you! Pullets are definitely what I'm hoping for, but I wouldn't mind one additional rooster. One of the bitties certainly acts roo-ish already, charging my hand when I reach down to change out the waterer/feeder and holding "herself" like "she's" tough stuff! Time will tell for sure I suppose :) 90% sexing accuracy is still better odds than the lottery, so I'll take it! :)

@cukuriku: Thank you! I'm definitely enjoying it so far :)

@redsoxs: Thank you! Kansas isn't too far from here, but then again any trip I can make without needing to stop for a night on the way there counts as "not too far" :p

@BuffOrpington88: Thank you! They're officially at one week old (at least, from when the hatchery notified the postal service and they were picked up). I can't wait for that awkward scrawny velociraptor stage they go through before getting their big girl feathers. They're just so darn goofy at that stage :p

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by