Hello!

Snickerdoodle

Hatching
Aug 7, 2016
Louisiana
Hi there! My name is Alex. I've lurked around here for roughly three years. I've raised chickens before with family, but now I'm living with my boyfriend near Alexandria, Louisiana, and we have a little flock-in-the-making of our own.

I have a handsome EE rooster and a solid white EE hen from local chicken folks, and 16 (hopefully) female EE chicks in the brooder from Murray McMurray. I'm excited to see what they'll end up looking like. That's my favorite part of Easter Eggers. There's no telling what you'll end up with!

Hi Alex and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Three years is a long time lurking! Now that you are a member, I hope that you enjoy the site even more.

Best wishes
Ct

Thank you! I tend to be pretty shy, but decided it's been long enough and I better go ahead and join so I can participate in conversations now that I've got my own peeps to tend to :p

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have decided to join us.

Hope you draw mostly pullets in the hatching, assuming that is the goal
wink.png

Many of us are somewhat shy or even recluse in our "real" lives and IMO BYC offers us a wonderful, friendly location to be involved and share a common interest.

Congrats on getting your own flock, good luck with all.

@sunflour: Thank you! Pullets are definitely what I'm hoping for, but I wouldn't mind one additional rooster. One of the bitties certainly acts roo-ish already, charging my hand when I reach down to change out the waterer/feeder and holding "herself" like "she's" tough stuff! Time will tell for sure I suppose :) 90% sexing accuracy is still better odds than the lottery, so I'll take it! :)

@cukuriku: Thank you! I'm definitely enjoying it so far :)

@redsoxs: Thank you! Kansas isn't too far from here, but then again any trip I can make without needing to stop for a night on the way there counts as "not too far" :p

@BuffOrpington88: Thank you! They're officially at one week old (at least, from when the hatchery notified the postal service and they were picked up). I can't wait for that awkward scrawny velociraptor stage they go through before getting their big girl feathers. They're just so darn goofy at that stage :p

Back
Top Bottom