Hello!

TateLewis

Chirping
Aug 31, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hello! New member, just joined today!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A - We got our first chickens last year from friends of ours who's coop was too full and they needed to down size. Then we recently added chicks from a hatching done at a local school.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
A - We currently have 9.

(3) What breeds do you have?
A - This is why I joined the group! haha We aren't sure! Which I think we were told what our original girls were but I can't remember.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A - I googled chicken forums.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
A - I have kids.....that should explain everything haha.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
A - Married with 2 kids, Blake - 3 and Maddyn - 2. We have 3 dogs, Molly (lab) and Toby and Jake (mini dachshunds), and 2 cats that are so recent they aren't named yet. I work for a bank as an internal auditor.

Welcome to Backyard chickens!!!

I am semi new to chickens as I got my first ones the beginning of this year. I got my first trio March 3 and on March 17th, I got 27 day old chicks from Meyer hatchery. On June 1st, I got 15 more chicks for my belated birthday.

I currently have 35 chickens, I recently had a predator attack and lost 5 of my birthday babies. And I am trying to get rid of 2 of my roosters.

Hmmm. I am not sure I can remember all my breeds. Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver laced Wyandottes, Partridge Plymouth rocks, Speckled Sussex, Buff Orpingtons, White Leghorn, Light Brahma, Black Australorp, and Welsummers. I attached the link that you can post pictures of your chickens and people will tell you what breeds they are.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I found out about BYC by googling chicken questions and always ending up on here.

Uhhhhh. Other hobbies. Chickens. And Chickens. lol I am a swimmer. I guess that counts as another hobby.

My life...I live on 22 acres in the Blue ridge mountains with cows, pigs, dogs and a cat.

WELCOME TO BACKYARD CHICKENS!!!! You sound like you are going to be fun to have around! I hope you have as much fun as I have had!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, I think I saw your post on "what breed or gender is this." you first name is very distinctive. Otherwise I can't recall much of anything at my age.

Back
Top Bottom