Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TateLewis, Aug 31, 2016.

1. TateLewis

TateLewis Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2016
    Hello! New member, just joined today!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    A - We got our first chickens last year from friends of ours who's coop was too full and they needed to down size. Then we recently added chicks from a hatching done at a local school.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    A - We currently have 9.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    A - This is why I joined the group! haha We aren't sure! Which I think we were told what our original girls were but I can't remember.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    A - I googled chicken forums.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    A - I have kids.....that should explain everything haha.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    A - Married with 2 kids, Blake - 3 and Maddyn - 2. We have 3 dogs, Molly (lab) and Toby and Jake (mini dachshunds), and 2 cats that are so recent they aren't named yet. I work for a bank as an internal auditor.

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens!!!

I am semi new to chickens as I got my first ones the beginning of this year. I got my first trio March 3 and on March 17th, I got 27 day old chicks from Meyer hatchery. On June 1st, I got 15 more chicks for my belated birthday.

I currently have 35 chickens, I recently had a predator attack and lost 5 of my birthday babies. And I am trying to get rid of 2 of my roosters.

Hmmm. I am not sure I can remember all my breeds. Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver laced Wyandottes, Partridge Plymouth rocks, Speckled Sussex, Buff Orpingtons, White Leghorn, Light Brahma, Black Australorp, and Welsummers. I attached the link that you can post pictures of your chickens and people will tell you what breeds they are.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I found out about BYC by googling chicken questions and always ending up on here.

Uhhhhh. Other hobbies. Chickens. And Chickens. lol I am a swimmer. I guess that counts as another hobby.

My life...I live on 22 acres in the Blue ridge mountains with cows, pigs, dogs and a cat.

WELCOME TO BACKYARD CHICKENS!!!! You sound like you are going to be fun to have around! I hope you have as much fun as I have had!

3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. If you are curious about what breeds you have, you can post photos of them in the "What Breed or Gender is This?" forum.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens, I think I saw your post on "what breed or gender is this." you first name is very distinctive. Otherwise I can't recall much of anything at my age.

6. TateLewis

TateLewis Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2016
    If by distinctive you mean weird, then yes it is lol.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by