Hello!

Owly6

Hatching
Sep 16, 2016
New here, but have lurked and researched here for a couple of years now.

My family and I have 23 hens, and we're looking to add a rooster.

Not related to chickening, but our girls do enjoy the large garden that we keep as well. My goodness they love kale (especially when it's buggy lol)
yippiechickie.gif

Greetings from Kansas, Owly6, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community and that you are familiar with BYC! It is indeed a great community. I know what you mean about gardens and chickens. They have policed every insect off the property except for those in the fenced garden. Here at the end of the year I turn them into the garden and they really clean up the bugs!

Hi redsoxs! Thank you for the welcome! I haven't yet closed the garden, but we're getting ever closer.

My inlaws were surprised when they came down for Christmas last year. When they arrived at our place, we had our chickens (10 of them at the time...I've become a bit of a chicken junkie) in our fenced in garden. It was a warmish weekend, and the girls were having such a great time scratching around for whatever worms, bugs, and dropped seeds they could find.

The inlaws really got a kick out of watching me try to round up all those happy birds to get them back to their coop. Fortunately, I've learned a few tricks since then!

welcome-byc.gif

Yes, they are great foragers. Had to move my garden from the back .. to the front yard. :)

Hi Cynthia12, thank you!

That's too funny...yes, be prepared to spend every minute of your day babysitting a spot with yummies once the chickens discover it!

Lol, they would happily take it ALL if I'd let them.

Donations: Hungry Hens, 555 Little ChickenCity, IL, 00000-000
droolin.gif

Welcome to Backyard chickens Owly6!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions!

Back
Top Bottom