Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CptMoonlight, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CptMoonlight

CptMoonlight Just Hatched

Feb 25, 2017
    Hey, my wife and I have just started our chicken obsession and have 2 RIR, a Wyandotte and what we think may be five "Easter eggers". We can't wait to dig in and start working on making a healthy, happy environment for our egg layers!!! I look forward to learning all I can from you chicken folk!

2. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

You got the birds before the coop? Lol, that seems to be the norm...

Welcome and good luck

Gary

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center. There are a lot of articles there that will help you get off to a good start. And if you'd like to 'meet' other members in your state, you can find your state thread using the link in my signature (at the bottom of this post).

Good luck with your new flock!

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations to you and your wife on getting your chicken adventures started :clap If you are unsure of breed our what breed gender section would be a great place for you to pop by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
    I'm sure you will get lots of help there with them.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under CptMoonlight [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to some great starting points, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, CptMoonlight, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Looks like you've already received some great advice and links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

8. CptMoonlight

CptMoonlight Just Hatched

Feb 25, 2017
    Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by