Hello :)

silkiegoldfish

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2017
I'm new to this site. I'm a animal lover and steadily rescuing strays and rehoming them. Me and my husband are finally moving to a place we can finally have pet chickens it's been a dream of mine to finally be able to have pet silkies and show them as well. I was wanting to know if anyone knew anyone who bred and showed Nonbearded Silkie chickens?I'm a sucker for all silkies and silkie projects. Also any tips are appreciated.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. The best place for silkie information is the "silkie thread." put that in the search box above, and it will pop up for you. Silkies are extremely difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay. So if you buy young chicks be prepared to find homes for any surplus males.

Greetings from Kansas, silkiegoldfish, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Never had silkies but they sure look intriguing! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

G’Day from down under silkiegoldfish
frow.gif
Welcome!

Congrats on being able to realise your dream.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

So far I'm in love with this site :) so many awesome fellow chicken lovers and lots of helpful info. Once I get my chicken garden and chickees I'll post pictures of my new family members:) feel free to post away pics of your babies I love seeing everyone's chickees :)

Back
Top Bottom