Hello

msarnold

Hatching
Mar 15, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Hi im from ohio. Im currently raising a small flock of 5 birds due to a terrible raccoon insident this past fall. Adding more here this week. I love my girls and love fresh eggs. I am foibg to venture inti the meat bird territory soon so will be asking lots of questions.

Greetings from Kansas, msarnold, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Sorry about your raccoon attack! Good luck to you and your new additions!
wee.gif

Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! There is an unbelievable source of great knowledge on here and wonderful, friendly folks! I do hope you'll make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

PLEASE !!! check out the predator section for advice on preventing raccoon attacks. Are you allowed to shoot/trap them in your area? They are smart, agile, determined, and have opposable thumbs. They can open almost any latch -though they haven't figured out combination locks as yet. Even if they don't kill birds, the survivors are so maimed, they usually don't survive. They will even bite any chicken parts off, if they can get them through the openings in wire fencing.

Hi and welcome to BYC. You may wish to check out the "Meat birds etc" forum.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under msarnold
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom