Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rainwing, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Rainwing

Rainwing New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    New England
    So to introduce myself, I'm pretty much your typical crazy chicken person. Now that I have new baby chicks and ducklings I find that I am immersed in the world of poultry again lol. I have an Instagram account dedicated to pictures of my chickens too.

I have 5 black sexlinks, 4 red sexlinks, 1 white leghorn, 1 rhode island red, 1 production red? (she's a mutt chicken, looks completely different from my red sexlinks ), and 1 khaki campbell. I got 6 new khaki campbell ducklings and 6 new buff orpingtons from Tractor Supply, and right now the ducklings are just over a week old and the chicks are about 5 days old.

That makes 12 chickens and 1 duck, then 6 ducklings and 6 chicks. I only have 1 duck because the other one passed away this winter. She's doing fine but I think that she'll be so much happier with other ducks to swim with in the spring.

That pretty much sums it up though! I also take a lot of pictures of my chickens and do "photoshoots" even though it's just two pieces of paper, a chick and it's taken with a phone camera!
    [​IMG]
    Here's the one that I used in my avatar. I might upload the others later when I have time.

2. Nyla

Nyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us! There is so much things you can learn and such a friendly zone!
    Once more Welcome to BYC!

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's always fun to see photos so feel free to share.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Rainwing, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like a nice mixed flock you have there! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Aww....what a cutie pie. Aren't they just adorable as babies? I wish I had the photography knack to take good pictures. And as fast as my birds move, I never can get that perfect picture!

Make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have.

Welcome to our roost! :)

6. Rainwing

Rainwing New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    New England
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I agree that it's hard to take pictures of chickens, I have like 60 pictures of just blurs for each good photo I take lol.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am so glad you decided to join us today, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Rainwing [​IMG] Welcome!

I often wonder what chicken keepers/photographers did before digital cameras? Drop in a roll of film for processing and pic up 12-24 pictures of fuzzy butts, departing chickens, half a chicken and headless chickens! [​IMG]

I know I take many, many pictures for that one good shot.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]We love pictures, the more the merrier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by