Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by theteacherhen, Mar 26, 2017.

1. theteacherhen

theteacherhen New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    Hi everyone! I have been referring to this forum for about three years now and finally decided to make an account! I am a kindergarten teacher and each year we hatch chicks in my classroom. It is my favorite part of the school year! (We are currently on day 20, and we have our first pip as of last night!!!) if anyone uses the hovabator 1588, what do you do about the notch where the cord for the egg turner goes? I always feel like I need to cover it so humidity doesn't escape! Is it okay if it isn't covered?

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC -great that you have joined us. I just did a search on the incubator in question, but most of the threads seem to be from last year. Why not ask on this forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs - I'm sure that you will get some advice.

Best wishes
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, theteacherhen, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! I'm in education as well and I know how special it is for the kids when a teacher hatches eggs in the classroom! Good luck to you and thank you for joining BYC!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's fun to read about classroom hatchings...what a great learning experience and plain fun for the entire class!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under theteacherhen [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures of the chicks, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! I hope you like it here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by