Hello!

CrazeeChickenLady

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2017
I'm a somewhat newbie starting my mixed flock last year. I have used this site and forums for many of my questions along the way and just decided to join today. I have 3 one year old chickens, 1 barred rock, 1 Rhode Island red and 1 large white chicken that was out of a mixed layer bunch that I'm not sure what she is, lol! I have 5 new chickens this year that are 13 weeks old, 1 buff orpington, 1 black star, 1 Easter egger (questioning it's gender) and 2 salmon faverolles. I had an Easter egger that was with my original 3 one year olds that ended up being a rooster and he became extremely aggressive over the last few months and I found him a new home a few weeks ago. He was a beautiful rooster and I miss his morning wake up calls and his presence, even though he was after me at all times! I have posted on a sexing Easter Eggers thread asking about my 13 week old. Please take a look and I welcome all responses and advice. Thank you!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.:D

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Do you have a favorite breed? I personally love Buff Orpingtons. Such a sweet breed.

Sorry about the rooster that turned so aggressive. I'm glad you were able to re-home him though. Is that him in your avatar? He sure was beautiful!

Again, welcome aboard and feel free to ask any further questions you have.:)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.:D
Yes he's my avatar picture and was very beautiful and a good rooster to my hens. I'm thankful I found him a new home and it seems to be working out much better for him, they have 40 hens and 3 roosters. I also had a sweet buff orpington that was with my original flock of 1 year olds, she unfortunately got taken by some predator while free ranging last summer. My new 13 week buff isn't as sweet and actually is somewhat bossy, lol! I'm loving my salmon faverolles, they are so unique looking and have a sweet disposition so far. Thanks for your warm welcome☺
Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Do you have a favorite breed? I personally love Buff Orpingtons. Such a sweet breed.

Sorry about the rooster that turned so aggressive. I'm glad you were able to re-home him though. Is that him in your avatar? He sure was beautiful!

Again, welcome aboard and feel free to ask any further questions you have.:)

Aww, I'm so sorry you lost her. Predators are definitely no fun to deal with.

I can understand what you mean with your new Buff. One of my BO hens is also quite bossy and mean to the other flock members. She's still friendly to me but sometimes I just wish I could smack some kindness on her towards her flock mates.:lau:barnie

I've always wanted to keep faverolles. They seem like such a nice breed.

Back
Top Bottom