Hello

Trouble#1

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
Australia
Hi I have recently purchased some Barnevelder pullets and Australorps. First timer needing much advice on how to raise my chicks and roo :D
20180222_173406.jpg

Yes, when your picture finally loaded on my small kindle, I was able to see them. Looks like you have a nice set up! When did you get them?
Going on three weeks now, may I ask if you use ACV, I have heard people use if for health reasons but I worry it will go bad in my 5 gallon water container. I have 8 hens and one possibly 2 roos so they don't seem to be drinking to fast at the moment.

Going on three weeks now, may I ask if you use ACV, I have heard people use if for health reasons but I worry it will go bad in my 5 gallon water container. I have 8 hens and one possibly 2 roos so they don't seem to be drinking to fast at the moment.
You'll find there are a lot of folks who swear by it. I don't think it will go bad because it has preservative qualities. I don't use it with my chickens (I use it for canning though). I use an antimicrobial copper sulfate during the summer to keep algae down, but that's about it. :)

:welcome so glad you have joined us. Congrats on getting your own flock.

There's a lot of articles in the Learning Center that will help you with caring for your newbies.

I tried adding ACV to water founts, didn't see a great benefit so gave up on it.
You can get more opines by using "search", there have been quite a number of threads discussing it's use.

Back
Top Bottom