Hello

Thyme4Chickens

Songster
Mar 21, 2018
SE WI (zone 5)
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This will be my first time raising chicks

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Waiting on 5 chicks - they will arrive at a local store early April

(3) What breeds do you have?
We are getting:
Speckled Sussex
Buff Orpington
We have a 2 yr old daughter and these were recommended as friendly (and cold hearty for WI!)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Recommended by feed store employee

Hello from SE WI! I have been reading this forum for about a month and am impressed by the knowledgeable and friendly people here. My husband is building a Woods coop and we've been having a great time reading chicken books with our daughter. Can't wait until our chicks are here!

welcometoBYC.jpeg

Welcome to backyard chickens!

You have picked two nice breeds

G’Day from down under Thyme4chickens :frow Welcome! Very exciting!

I love your username, clever! :clap

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has a Learning Centre, Articles and Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom