Hello!

TheSmallestEgg

Songster
Mar 22, 2018
Oswego, New York
Hi everyone!

I'm originally from NYC and I've recently moved upstate. My boyfriend's family has been raising exotic birds for many years and I'm super interested in chickens in general. I have two Nigerian Dwarf Goats that live with some Sebright friends. Separately, we've got some Silkies, Leghorns, and Rhode Island Reds.

I currently took some chicken eggs to try and incubate on my own, because I plan to repeat the process with my preschoolers very soon, but I didn't want to feel like I was in over my head. This is my first time incubating eggs, and I'm incredibly excited and nervous for them. I just keep hoping I'm doing everything right, and they seem to be developing right on track so far. They're only on day 5, but I already feel like a chicken mom.

I joined today because I realized I had a lot of questions, and would go through old forum posts for answers. I guess I finally decided that I should probably have a place to ask some experienced people for help if the situation arises.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Hi!

I guess exotic is kind of a subjective term. We've got some peacocks now, and there were a few duck breeds and geese ( which were lost during a recent snow storm unfortunately :c ), some button quail, and some pheasants. Oh! And some different pigeon breeds. My boyfriend's father used to be much more interested in keeping and raising birds, but now it's a lot more casual.

Thank you for your reply!

G’Day from down under The SamllestEgg :frow Welcome! Good luck with the hatch! :fl

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. These two might be of particular interest to you:
Topic of the Week - Hatching Eggs
Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

If you have specific questions, you could ask them on this forum:
Incubating & Hatching Eggs

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom