Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZooOwner, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ZooOwner

ZooOwner In the Brooder

Mar 27, 2018
    Hello Everyone! I'm a somewhat experienced chicken owner as I've been hatching and raising them going on six years now. At the moment I've got four Nankins, four Speckled Sussex, two EEs (one bantam and one fullsize), two Silkies, a Black-Tailed Japanese, and I'm also getting four Ameracauna and four BLRW chicks in the next couple days, but that's just the chickens. I also have five Ancona ducks, three aquariums (nine fish altogether), two Shih Tzu "puppies", a cockatiel, and a cat. I also ride horses (English Hunter/Jump) , have raised dairy goats and seeing that I am the only person who knows how to work an incubator at my little hobby farm I've probably hatched over 100 chickens/ducks. I accomplished this all before I reached 18! I hope in the future to own a farm with all kinds of animals including chickens, goats, and a horse or two.

2. ojust4today

ojust4today Chirping

May 8, 2016
    Chester, Maryland
    Welcome.... you must be awfully busy. That is a lot of pets. Sounds like fun.

3. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

4. ZooOwner

ZooOwner In the Brooder

Mar 27, 2018
    It's not as busy as you would think since some of the animals aren't technically mine. I mostly take care of everyone but the chickens, ducks (I did hatch and/or raise all of them), and dogs.

5. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest for the Wicked

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Hello and welcome to BYC!! It's so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1
    The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!
    Awesome contests going on here: Hatch-A-Longs

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under ZooOwner :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may also be interested in these links:

7. MrsMistyReal

MrsMistyReal Enabler

Aug 6, 2014
    Mississippi
    Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers BelovedDependableGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif :jumpy

8. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC- thanks for joining us.

MrsMistyReal, ZooOwner, N F C and 2 others like this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like a very nice zoo to me. The Shih Tzu puppies have to be adorable, they always are. With your knowledge and experiences you would be a fine addition to the New Member INtro greeters on BYC. Hint, hint.

MrsMistyReal, ZooOwner, N F C and 2 others like this.
  10. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy the site as much as we all do :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: