hello

blueicie

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2018
Hi. I live in Bayside NY.
we have 2 roosters and 1 Hen.
we got them because My kids wanted and start to rising them,
however, one of the roosters starts to cry early morning.
I don't know what should I do.
feel like need to send them to the farm.
please give some advice.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Do you want to keep chickens? If you do, you will need to change your current population. 2 cockerels and 1 pullet will not work. 1 cockerel and 1 pullet MIGHT work but the cockerel would likely need to be separated from the pullet once his hormones kicked in as he could overbreed her.

It sounds like one of the cockerels is crowing. I'm sure roosters are not allowed where you are. If you just try to rehome him where you are, he will likely end up a bait bird for a cock fighting ring.

I would try contacting a local ASPCA or Humane Society and see if they have contacts to a farm rescue that will take them in. There are a lot of places upstate that will take these birds for you.

Good luck!

Yo can keep 2 males and 1 female no problem, Ive done it for years and never had problems if they are free ranged or if they are docile enough to get along in a coop you just have to watch their behavior.

You can keep the hen and get some sexed females from a hatchery in the spring if you dont want males.

As far as the crowing goes thats just part of all the fun!

893A65F3-A6A6-4F4D-BE09-7859CE313195.jpeg

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Do you want to keep chickens? If you do, you will need to change your current population. 2 cockerels and 1 pullet will not work. 1 cockerel and 1 pullet MIGHT work but the cockerel would likely need to be separated from the pullet once his hormones kicked in as he could overbreed her.

It sounds like one of the cockerels is crowing. I'm sure roosters are not allowed where you are. If you just try to rehome him where you are, he will likely end up a bait bird for a cock fighting ring.

I would try contacting a local ASPCA or Humane Society and see if they have contacts to a farm rescue that will take them in. There are a lot of places upstate that will take these birds for you.

Good luck!

thank you for replying.
I should rehome them. thank you. so much.

Back
Top Bottom